Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Marley & Me

Neil and I went on our first real date since mid-October and since Eden's arrival! We went to Pei Wei (the same place we went on our first date after Claire arrived), saw "Marley & Me" and then got some ice cream from Sonic. Thank you to my mom and dad who watched the girls =)

It's amazing how much easier it was to leave for a date with the second kiddo - I was a mess when I first left Claire! It was great to get out and be a couple. My biggest words of advice to new parents is DATE, DATE, DATE! It's SO important to focus on each other every once in a while because we get so caught up in life and the kids. Dating has been so much fun since kids because now we really look forward to it, it has to be planned and getting ready is a much bigger deal when you don't do it very often! We are blessed to have family in town but I encourage everyone to find a good sitter or have a swap night with another couple so you can date each other. It's the best sitter money you will use.

So onto "Marley & Me".... if you haven't seen the movie or don't want to know what happens don't read on. It amazes me that you can hear a whole theater of people crying and sniffling when you watch a sad movie about an animal. What is it about our connection with them? I know from experience that it's how they can love us unconditionally even when we may get mad at them, say mean things to them and leave them out in the garage at night... so much more forgiving than we are with each other. We could really learn a lot from them. I've had some amazing pets in my life and could relate greatly to the story. I loved the movie even with the sad ending - I highly recommend it!

No comments: