Friday, June 26, 2009
Things to remember about this month:
- You still love, LOVE, LOVE singing and music. Your newest trick is your constant rocking when you hear music or when you get excited! It's super cute
- You are still giving mommy some sleepless nights and we had a week and a half where you were waking up every few hours again crying like I've never heard before. No teeth yet and probably just a growth/development spurt
- You are so sturdy sitting up and you love to play while you sit like a big girl
- You've started talking a lot more but you are probably just going to be a little more laid back then I'm used to =) More of an observer
- You think your sister is HILARIOUS and have started laughing so much at her!
- You started eating your veggies and fruits. Avocado, green beans, peas, carrots, applesauce, banana, prunes, squash and we're still adding food every 3 days. You have liked every single one of them! This amazes me and makes me SO excited to have you try new things. Your favorite now is banana - your tongue moves a mile a minute when you realize that's what you're eating!
- This month we said good bye to your swaddle but it is still hanging around. You don't sleep with it at night at all (except a couple times when I was desperate for an hour of sleep). You still sleep longer and go to sleep faster as soon as you get wrapped up tight. Guess you know you didn't stay in mommy's womb long enough and making up for that time! You're getting better at it but you still nap with it at least once a day.
- You are driving me crazy not sleeping through the night and I'm still trying to figure it all out. Your cry is SOOOO intense when we have been trying to teach you to self sooth but you know what you prefer - mommy's natural paci since you never took one yourself. You stinker!
- You found your feet and love holding onto them! You also love putting everything in your mouth to learn what it is.
- You started saying the consonant "B"
- You are spending a lot of time on your tummy but you don't seem to be very interested in crawling. You are VERY content just playing on your tummy or laying there with your hand in your mouth.
Some of my favorite pics from this month that haven't been posted:
She's going to be my little musician
Eden: "What am I doing here? How is this happening?" Claire: "YIIPPEEEEEE!"
PRUNES! (and a bow)
Grandma LOVES bath time
Eden's favorite part is getting her ears clean - she sits so still
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
OK - enough of my gushing!! We celebrated with Neil's dad with a yummy lasagna lunch on Sunday. This first picture is SO cute! The group ones aren't that great but we don't have many of everyone together.
Happy Father's Day Gene! We Love you!
Aunt Jenny and Eden
Laughing at Aunt Heather! She was just doing a popping sound and Eden thought it was hilarious. Wish I could post the video but it's so long - does anyone have any hints on how to upload videos easily? Let me know if so!
Leaving for the show!
We weren't supposed to have cameras in the theater but we thought it'd be ok to take some pics after the show. Guess not!! After we got these great pictures inside, some other people were told not to take pictures at all. We're such trouble makers!
We love these guys!
Claire stayed the night at Neil's parents and Eden slept at Grandma and Grandpa's in my old room. We really wanted a night away but since Eden is still not sleeping through the night AND not taking a bottle (what a stinker), we also spent the night at my parent's house so we wouldn't have to transport her at midnight! I fed her, we went to dinner, came back and fed her again and then left for the show to then feed her when she got up at 12:30 a.m. ..... yes, our lives have definitely changed but we wouldn't have it any other way than being the most blessed parent's with the most wonderful girls! Next year we WILL spend some time alone and away to get refreshed!
Monday, June 15, 2009
Neil is an amazing photographer - He caught this turtle just before he dipped back under the water
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Along with a lot of first foods comes Eden's first real poopy diapers - oh, I'll miss those breast milk only diapers! She's also had a hard time with her system adjusting so we will introduce prunes this week. Poor thing
Eden went swimming for the first time this week! We went to Crystal's apartment pool on Friday for the momentous occasion. Eden didn't like it too much but Claire has seemed to turn into a fish this year! She still doens't want her head in the water but at least she will get in on her own now. I think the water was a little too cold for Eden but we will be trying it a lot more now that our neighborhood pool is open.
Ready to go and protecting that Lily white head!
Crystal and Claire
Not liking it too much but Daddy was comforting her
As posted earlier this week, our girl is now sleeping without her swaddle. It has been rough for nap time but over night has been ok considering the big change. She cries out a lot more and usually wakes up pretty good at least one more time. I know it will get better and it will be better for her overall! Now we don't have to make sure we carry it with us if we go out - that was getting annoying!
Now that the swaddle is gone, Eden has found her thumb. It's her way to self soothe since she won't take a paci and I'm trying to just lay her down to sleep on her own. Not sure if it will stick but it's helped with the transition so far.
Here are a few cute pics I couldn't resist posting!
A little too small but it was just a quick rinse off!