Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Eden's first dr. appt.

Eden can't seem to stay away from doctors very long!! She had a dr. appt. yesterday (10 days old) and all four of us went out together. It was so weird having us all in the car together - I LOVED it!!

Dr. Gulde was out of the office so we saw Dr. Perez. Everything checked out just fine! She has already gotten to her birth weight which amazes me. She weighed in at 6 lbs. 11 oz. so now I don't have to wake her to feed her and I can wait till she tells me she is hungry! She measured at 19 inches - this confused me! They reassured me that she isn't shrinking but that labor and delivery sometimes doesn't get an accurate measurement.

We then traveled to the TNI building for her second newborn screening for her PKU and to check her bilirubin again. Just like big sister Claire, Eden didn't make a peep when they pricked her heel and continued to squeeze blood from her. I have such good girls!! Her bilirubin was still in the 8 range so we don't have to do anything special but wait for her body to regulate things on their own.

Claire was an angel throughout everything and continues to be such a sweet big sister! We already go back next Friday to see Dr. Gulde so we'll see how much she weighs for that appointment!

While at the TNI I met an older woman named Barbara. She shared with us that her niece, Linda Kay, had just been killed in a car accident the day before and left a 4 month old behind. I spoke to her briefly about us losing loved ones so suddenly. I told her we'd be praying for their family and she quickly added another prayer request. She shared with me that she was undergoing surgery for a terminal case of pulmonary fibrosis. Please keep them in your prayers by name so they can be uplifted during such a hard time.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I'm so glad she's doing so well! I can't wait to meet her! Does she look like Claire when she was a baby? I can't remember. Miss you!