Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, November 3, 2008

Good News!

Before I start, have you all seen "The Big Bang Theory" on Monday nights? It's a sitcom that Neil and I think is hilarious and I'm watching it right now! If you haven't, check it out =) It's highly entertaining!

OK now on to the important things! Well, just the fact that Eden isn't here yet is good news but we got some good indications today that she is going to wait a bit longer which is even better news! I was given a test for Fetal Fibronectin today which is used to test for preterm labor and it came back negative! Here's something I found on the internet to help me understand it:

"The presence of fFN in symptomatic women during weeks 24 through 34 of gestation (5 1/2 to 8 1/2 months) indicates an increased risk of preterm delivery. However, the absence of fFN is a much more reliable predictor, indicating that the pregnancy is likely to continue for at least another two weeks."

Dr. Gallagher said it's not a guarantee but they feel much better sending patients home if the test is negative. I think she is considering sending me home earlier than she thought and just keeping me on bed rest at home and continuing my procardia. She of course looked at me with a skeptical eye when she asked if I'd be able to comply to bed rest at home with a toddler. I told her it wasn't worth the risk and that I'd do whatever it takes to keep this baby girl in! She said that maybe after 35 weeks I will be able to do a little more (3 more weeks from now) so it looks like that's our goal and the longer the better! She will check if I'm more dilated or effaced tomorrow and hopefully give me a better idea of when I will go home.

Once again thank you to everyone for your emails, phone calls, blog messages, offers to help - it's times like these that make you so grateful for everyone! I never want to take family or friends for granted =) You all are such a blessing!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

We are praying for you and your precious family. Bed rest is no fun... trust me... when you look back at it, it will have flown by!

In Him,
Alaina

Allison said...

We've been praying for all of you! We'll have to compare notes on nurses and see if you got any of my favorites from when I was in antepartum. :-) And, we LOVE Big Bang Theory...watch it every week!

Lauren said...

That sounds great! I'm sorry I didn't get to come with Lezlee today but hope you enjoy your magazines!

Tiffany Mathews said...

We're praying for you guys! Stay strong!

krazy karen said...

Thats good to hear...we will continue to keep all of you in our prayers!!! :)

Kimberly said...

So glad you got some good news!! We'll continue to keep you in our prayers.

Dinfurch said...

We shall see you on Tuesday. I am glad things are better. We are here if you need anything. :)

Anonymous said...

That is really good news! You and your family are in our prayers. Hang in there!

crystal said...

Love you so much! Glad she is hanging in there a little longer.

Anonymous said...

We are thinking of you and all of your family. You were prayed for at our church staff meeting this morning. Please let me know if there is anything you need.

Blessings,
Leigh Anne