Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Eden's first Thanksgiving

(more pics in my last post if you haven't seen them yet!)

Eden was all swaddled up when I saw her this morning looking even more like a healthy newborn! She was being fed 15 mL every 3 hours but they bumped it up to 25 mL. Tonight she will go to 30 mL so she is getting plenty to eat!! I'm pumping and getting a lot of the first important nutrients into her sweet body. They make up the difference with formula but I will be able to give her everything she needs probably by tomorrow.

The BEST Thanksgiving gift for mommy was being able to hold her!! (I have pics but can't post from home - our stupid computer) I held her for about an hour this morning and it was pure heaven... so many things to be thankful for... We planned on having lunch with Neil's fam but didn't make it because they weren't ready for discharge and couldn't find the lady to do the birth certificate. Oh well - we're doing Thanksgiving with my fam on Sunday and hoping Neil's parents will also be able to make it.

On another note, PLEASE pray for Neil... he is now feeling sick with fever, nausea, etc. so he was unable to even see Eden today. He feels terrible not being able to share in everything (especially me getting to hold her and he can't) and I know he's having a tough time with it all. As everyone knows, he is such a hands on daddy and wants to be there for her. He needs to get healthy FAST so please pray for him.

Tonight after Claire is in bed my mom and I are going up to the NICU to give Eden and bath and spend some time with her. I'm really looking forward to that! They might even move her into a crib after that and we should be able to try a bottle with her the next few days as long as everything continues to progress this way. Things are still looking good and hoping she'll be home sometime next week.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Thinking and praying for you! Let us know if you have any questions about the whole thing...we've been there with the yellow coats, the feeding tubes, etc. I'd be happy to impart advice, but don't want to invade on your time. As always, please let me know if you need ANYTHING!