Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

34th Week Dr.'s Appt.

Lots of blog posts - I am just catching up so read below (there are four below if you are interested)...

I had a doctor’s appointment this morning and it went well. A huge thank you to Jenny, Ayden and Colby for keeping Claire occupied and my dad cleaning out our refrigerator! Also thank you to Elaine for taking me to the dr. and mom for bringing me home. As you can see, I couldn’t do all this alone! Anyway, Dr. Gallagher said I’ve progressed to a definite 2 (she always thought I still had a little room) still 75% but now my cervix is no longer posterior, the back of my cervix is open and she could feel Eden’s head – YIKES!! She said Eden is probably going to stay in this position which is good because I don’t have to worry about her being breech. She said to keep doing what I’m doing and to stop my medication Monday. As she was leaving she said "I’ll see you next week and hopefully here!" That makes me a little nervous… I was also test again for the fetal fibronectin and the protein was not detected so that means we are safe for 2 more weeks. It’s not a guarantee but it does give us a bit more peace of mind!

This past Thursday and Friday I felt like my contractions were diminishing but THEN Sat, Sun, Monday I had a ton of contractions anytime I was up. Last night I woke up because I had such a strong one and that scared me a bit! I haven’t had such an uncomfortable one before or since so please continue to pray for things to be prolonged.

Also please pray for my patience and attitude! I’ve felt so good the whole time but yesterday was a really hard day for some reason… I’m just feeling cooped up and got a little down. The thought of me being on bed rest for 3 more weeks was daunting. Today is much better but I want to always remember that the situation could be 100 X worse and to take advantage of my down time. I also need to have a huge amount of patience and understanding with Neil and Claire as I know they have had to make huge adjustments!

1 comment:

Dinfurch said...

Hang in there, it's almost over. Soon that beautiful baby will be looking into your eyes and you will know it was all worth it.