Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Birthday Eden!

I can hardly believe that my baby turned 3 today! I can remember that time in my life like it was yesterday... we had been anticipating Eden's arrival any day with me on such strict bedrest but her arrival still threw us for a loop! And she's kept us guessing and on our toes ever since!!

As I remember that day, I'm so thankful that we were able to hold her right after birth for a few minutes before they had to take her to the NICU. Not being able to hold her, touch her skin (we had to wear gowns and gloves), kiss her, feed her and then having to leave her there on Thanksgiving day was one of the hardest times. I praise our God for protecting her and growing her stronger everyday so that she could come home sooner than most babies in the NICU.

We had a party out at the park last weekend which I'll post pics of soon but today the 4 of us went to Pump It Up for open play so she could jump to her hearts content (my mom and dad stopped in too)! We then met Abbey and Lydia for some McDonald's lunch, did a little shopping and finished the evening with dinner and cake with grandma and grandpa! What a fun filled day!


Grandma made her a yummy bday cake... of course she refused to eat dinner but after everyone else was eating her cake, she finally "swallowed her pride" and ate so she could have a piece. Oh, is this just the start of 3? She's stubborn but tonight was a whole new level!
She wanted Claire to help blow out the candles but she actually blew them herself for the first time!

Finally enjoying her cake =)



Happy Birthday baby girl!!! I can't wait to see what this year brings for you!

No comments: