Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 12, 2010

No place like home

Last week we got some pics taken of Eden for her 18 mo. pics at JcPenney (a great deal! Look for their coupons - got 4 sheets of pics without a sitting fee and all for only $12!!) A month late, I know, but I want to be fair because I did 18/19 with Claire too =) Claire had "issues" with Eden getting her pictures taken so daddy came up with a great idea of having their own portrait studio when we got home - isn't he the best? As soon as we got home, off she went to her closet to pick out her outfit. Of course her Dorothy shoes and the only solid red dress she could find which is a 24month old dress!! Couldn't convince her it was too small but she did physically fit so I let her have her fun =) Here are her shots from the "studio":

Gotta love the wrinkled yellow sheet background =)


Then Claire wanted to pretend to be the photographer so daddy go in on the posing action! What a model =)




On a more serious note, Claire is becoming much more fearful these days. She is having more bad dreams where we have her crying at night. She has told me on numerous occasions that she doesn't want to ever drive because she is scared of getting in a car accident and yesterday she told me she is never going to have a baby because she is scared it will hurt when the baby comes out! I know this is all normal but it is all affecting me more than I imagined as I try to help her understand and encourage her through her times of fear. Kids have this trust about them and I see that she is now truly learning that the world is not full of good instead of us just speaking about it. This is of course something we all must learn and in turn, learn how to rely on God to calm our fears and in our weakness, He is our strength. It's still hard to see and I pray that I am handling it the best way in using it as a teaching opportunity to depend on her heavenly Father. We talk about it, we pray about it and I'm trying to use this scripture to help us both =)

fear not, for I am with you;
be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

For I, the Lord your God,
hold your right hand;
it is I who say to you, “Fear not,
I am the one who helps you.”

—Isaiah 41:10,13

No comments: