Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July

"So Christ has truly set us free" Galatians 5:1

Gotta love pulling out the red, white and blue garb from years past! Can you believe Claire wore this dress last year? Just a bit shorter but just as cute! Her red glitter "Dorothy" shoes were a special find at one of the resale shops and she wears them with everything! Hoping they'll last till Halloween. Eden is wearing the onesie from Claire's second 4th of July. Here are my cuties getting ready to go to Mimi and Poppa's for a cookout on July 3rd! Eden's wondering something about those flowers...
Daddy's little sparkler!
Looking at rolly pollies - one of their favorite past times =)
Claire and Poppa grilling hamburgers
Mimi and Eden enjoying the homemade peach ice cream Claire and I made! One of my favorite memories as a kid is when my parents would make homemade ice cream. It was yummy!
Being silly =)
July 4th was a laid back day - church and just the 4 of us grilling brats in honor of my parents who were in Alaska. We missed them so much!! They love July 4th and we are always with them so it was a different kind of holiday this year.
Oh I LOVE this picture of Claire and Ethan =) Found this cute dress at a resale shop back in the fall and couldn't resist! Notice the glitter shoes? Good time of year to find them!
Eden posing with her patriotic jean skirt =) Another one of Claire's oldies but goodies!
Couldn't resist this picture of my pouty girl - not wanting to take a picture but then who decides to smile so nicely and look so cute?!
Claire took a great nap (very rare) so I could take her to see fireworks - she was excited all day! We ventured out to La Cantera's parking lot to see Fiesta Texas' fireworks. In mommy mode, I was in search of the closest lot with the most perfect view for my baby girl. I didn't think about being stuck for over an hour afterwards! Oh well - worth it and Claire slept most of the time anyway! We got home around 11 p.m.
Perfect view!
My big girl
Hope yall had a great fourth celebrating with family and friends! I am so thankful for those who serve. Let us daily celebrate Christ who has truly set us free from our slavery of sin with His ultimate self sacrafice on the cross.

No comments: