Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 19, 2009

Claire Elise

I just wanted to write down a couple things to remember about our sweet Claire Bear! She's already 2 years and 10 months old and I'm trying to plan her third birthday party! Can't believe how fast it has flown by...

Obama

A couple weeks ago Neil was watching something on TV about President-Elect Obama and the name certainly caught Claire's ear. She said "Who's that?" so Neil said "Obama-He's going to be our president soon" and she responded "What does that mean?" =)
This was the first time she had asked a full question wanting to understand something! She usually would just say "Why" or "What" so this really caught my ear.

Santa

Claire loves to pretend more than anything. She will be someone while we are someone else relating to her. Now this could be a person we know or usually a character like Arthur, Cookie, Ernie, Belle, Ariel, The Wiggles, etc. Along with these characters, we are expected to speak in the appropriate voices and if we can't do the voice (usually me) she says "Can't do it?" and she thinks it's funny =) Well, the other day Claire was Santa and she surprised us by using the lowest "Ho, ho, ho" voice she could make! It was so sweet and her first attempt to do a voice with her characters!

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

I can't believe Claire is about to turn 3! She is growing up so fast. I still have to make it over to your house. We just need to set a time. I'll call you this week. I know you are a busy stay at home mom, always on the go.

P.S. I'm registered at Babies R Us and Baby Depot. You will be receiving a shower invitation in February for my March shower. :)