Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Finally....Thanksgiving!

I can't believe I'm so behind! We celebrated my families tday the Sat. before since we had family in for Eden's birthday party. We had the usual yumminess with my favorites - broccoli with cheese sauce, sweet potato casserole, the 18 lb. turkey and my all time favorite, my dad's A-MAZING stuffing that cooks in the bird for hours on end. Everything at my house is from scratch so it's an all day affair in the kitchen. That's one of the traditions for us - to cook all day together and then eat late on beautiful china =) I love it.... Can't believe we were all together!

Dad's working hard on the turkey!

Everyone except mom but you gotta see Miss Maggie in the corner eyeing that turkey! What a cutie
Mom had to get in a pic too! Love this one

Our biggest blessings!
On the actual tday, we spent the afternoon with Neil's mom, dad, grandma and their close family friends, the Ingram's. Debbie and Mike were in from Colorado and Kyle was in from London so we had a great time catching up with them. Claire was head over heels with "Big" Kyle (not to be confused with cousin Kyle). Glad he was there since the cousins were off on a cruise this year. He kept her entertained! Another great meal and great time together with family and friends. I think Thanksgiving is one of my favorites!

Eden had to support daddy's alma matar on the big game day


Love this one with MawMaw
Elaine is so sweet to always let Claire take some flowers home with her after she walks along the rocks with Mimi.

My mom couldn't go without seeing us on the actual holiday so we went over there for some pumpkin casserole and a really nice time visiting. So glad we did! Claire got to decorate a pumpkin and we all enjoyed a real fire to warm up. What a great end to a great day!
Proud grandparents

No comments: