We took our monthly pictures with Mr. Bear and Eden is flashing her smile all the time! She's such a happy baby girl but still gets her serious face on for many. We've figured out that she thinks sneezing is hilarious and the smile trigger for pictures. So instead of "cheese" it's "Ah choo!"
Things to remember about this month:
- You still love, LOVE, LOVE singing and music. Your newest trick is your constant rocking when you hear music or when you get excited! It's super cute
- You are still giving mommy some sleepless nights and we had a week and a half where you were waking up every few hours again crying like I've never heard before. No teeth yet and probably just a growth/development spurt
- You are so sturdy sitting up and you love to play while you sit like a big girl
- You've started talking a lot more but you are probably just going to be a little more laid back then I'm used to =) More of an observer
- You think your sister is HILARIOUS and have started laughing so much at her!
- You started eating your veggies and fruits. Avocado, green beans, peas, carrots, applesauce, banana, prunes, squash and we're still adding food every 3 days. You have liked every single one of them! This amazes me and makes me SO excited to have you try new things. Your favorite now is banana - your tongue moves a mile a minute when you realize that's what you're eating!
- This month we said good bye to your swaddle but it is still hanging around. You don't sleep with it at night at all (except a couple times when I was desperate for an hour of sleep). You still sleep longer and go to sleep faster as soon as you get wrapped up tight. Guess you know you didn't stay in mommy's womb long enough and making up for that time! You're getting better at it but you still nap with it at least once a day.
- You are driving me crazy not sleeping through the night and I'm still trying to figure it all out. Your cry is SOOOO intense when we have been trying to teach you to self sooth but you know what you prefer - mommy's natural paci since you never took one yourself. You stinker!
- You found your feet and love holding onto them! You also love putting everything in your mouth to learn what it is.
- You started saying the consonant "B"
- You are spending a lot of time on your tummy but you don't seem to be very interested in crawling. You are VERY content just playing on your tummy or laying there with your hand in your mouth.
Some of my favorite pics from this month that haven't been posted:
She's going to be my little musician
Eden: "What am I doing here? How is this happening?" Claire: "YIIPPEEEEEE!"
PRUNES! (and a bow)
Grandma LOVES bath time
Eden's favorite part is getting her ears clean - she sits so still
8 months ago