Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, June 5, 2009

Bye Bye Swaddle

Oh, I have so many posts that I need to catch up on but this announcement couldn't wait...

Eden is sleeping in her crib without her swaddle as I type! It's a huge thing for us and so far not as hard as we thought it was going to be. We finally decided a few days ago that we just needed to get her out of it. What if it was preventing her from developing in the slightest? We want her arms to be super strong for grabbing, holding, crawling, etc. So....

I simply read her a book, sang her a song, turned off the lights, sang one more song and put her down in her crib. She talked for about 5 minutes and it slowly escalated to crying for about 5 more but that was it... so far... it's a long night ahead of us with free flailing arms that are bound to wake her up at least 10 times tonight!

I did just go peek in on her and I got the strangest feeling... I've never seen my baby sleep in her crib without her swaddle. She didn't look like my baby anymore all spread out. It made me a little sad. Please pray for a smooth transition so we all can get some sleep this weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

all the best with your swaddle transition. we found a sleep sck that really helped called the Peke Moe http://www.pekemoe.co.nz so that's always an option if she has any problems!! hope it goes smoothly for you!