Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Stories to remember

A few stories from this week that I want to remember!

"Band aid Blues"


On Sunday morning before church Claire lightly bumped her leg and when asked she said she did it on the wall. She wanted a band aid and I wasn't in the mood to fight it so she got a really cool Little Mermaid band aid with Prince "Doo-Loo" as Neil affectionately named him for her. (She wants to know EVERYONE'S name!) Well, it was non-stop talking about her band aid and when warned about it coming off soon, she'd have a bit of a fit. I finally got the band aid off Tuesday - yes, I left it on that long - as it was barely hanging on. It's so funny how kids LOVE band aids! I guess I'd love them too if they had pictures and everyone went "Ahhhh" when I told them I got hurt.

"Nursing Elmo"

On Wed. I was getting ready for BSF and Claire was sitting in our lazy-boy in the bedroom. I noticed she had covered herself slightly with a baby blanket and was unusually quiet. I asked her "Claire, what are you doing?" and she said "I'm feeding Elmo". I then asked what Elmo was eating and she said "Milk from my boobies"!! HA! She has seen a lot of my friends nurse and was recently interested in her new friend Baby Isaiah who was covered by a baby blanket Sunday night at life group. Pretty funny huh? As a side note, she has often said that babies eat boobies and so we have been trying to teach her that they drink milk FROM mommies just like they drink FROM a bottle - not eat them. So it looks like she has the concept!! She's even being modest about it =)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That second story is definitely one to remember! I already tried to walk over to Scrapbook Heaven - oh well! Don't worry about rides, Joe David already bought a truck!

Anonymous said...

Claire is learning so much from all the sweet friends and the babies that she is exposed too...and so naturally she would want to imitate...what a blessing all of your friends are to you and family:) Hugs, Mom

Anonymous said...

That is the stuff that I am looking forward to with our little "L"