Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Doctor's appointment

We had a doctor's appointment yesterday for Eden (28 weeks 1 day) and everything is still good to go! I had to do my gestational diabetes screening while at the office and I only have a little bruise from where I got my blood drawn. With Claire my test came back high so I had to go back for the 3 hour test. Please pray that I don't have to do that with Eden... well, maybe I would like a 3 hour relaxing break in the office but I certainly don't want to have to worry about GD! Everything else went well. All three of us went and got to hear Eden's heartbeat (in the 150's). I start going to the doctor every 2 weeks now so it's getting closer! I'm getting so excited!

I've finally hit the stage of pregnancy where I have to go to the bathroom every 15 minutes even though I haven't had anything to drink! I've always been blessed with a strong, large bladder so there is a definite switch for me when I'm early and late pregnant. I'm also feeling a lot hungrier the past 2 weeks. My appetite has been different with Eden but it's finally picking up and now I have to eat every 3 hours or so!

I want to remember Eden's dance party she had! 2 Sundays ago we had a visiting minister at church who notoriously gets very excited, loud and lengthy. Well, Eden reacted strongly to him!! The WHOLE time he spoke she was trying out her fast dance moves like a crazy girl! I had Neil feel her for a long time and he couldn't believe it. I eventually had to get up and walk around the back because it was so uncomfortable. It just made me smile knowing that she was responding to him and I know she was in there yelling "AMEN!"

Please continue to pray for Eden's health and my energy - I'm feeling pretty slow these days which doesn't go well with a 2 1/2 year old.

1 comment:

Dixie said...

I had GD with Isaac but not with Ethan or Jaylie. Each pregnancy brought its differences but the common thing with E's and J's was how much more tired I was. Being pregnant with a small child (or 2) is not easy at all. I knew with Jaylie that she was my last because I had such a hard time keeping up. Either she was last or there would be like 8 years between. Now we know, she's the last:) Try to take it as easy as possible. Easier said than done, I know. But never forget that God knows how much you can handle. Listen for His leading on when to slow down. He will enable you to care for Eden and Claire with just the right amount of energy.