Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 6, 2008

First day at work

I had my first day back at work on Friday. I will be teaching private voice at Bush Middle School only one day a week, Mondays, but since Monday was a holiday I made it up Friday. Most of you know that I LOVE my job and I miss it during the summertime. Not that I don't love being with Claire but when I get as little as one day away to do something different than mommy, I come back refreshed and rejuvenated!

My first day went really well. I'm teaching 14 kiddos in one day which is the most I've ever done. My new students were super nervous but our time together went well and I have some incredibly talented students. I love getting those kids but even more I like getting kids who aren't the brightest star so I can see huge improvement in as little as a year. I was a bit tired vocally after my packed afternoon schedule but it works and I only have to drive there once a week which helps with gas. I left my house at 7:10 a.m. and was home by 4:30 p.m. Unfortunately, I hit terrible traffic and it took me 50 minutes to get there so I will be leaving earlier on Monday!

I'm excited about our fall schedule! I'll teach Mondays while Claire is at MDO, Claire and I will do BSF Wed. mornings and then we do MOPS (Mothers of Pre-Schoolers) or church playgroup on Thursdays. I look forward to taking in the cooler weather and pumpkins before I start seeing red and green. I've already spotted Christmas gear in the stores - YIKES!!

No comments: