Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Chickenpox

Just got back from Dr. Gulde's office and found out Claire has the chickenpox! He said it's rare when they have the vaccine but it can happen. It is a very mild case - she isn't even irritated by them so I was shocked to hear that's what it was. We first saw some bumps on Monday evening and they've slowly spread to a few under her chin, one on her scalp, a couple in her armpit, a number in her pantie area - at least they aren't bothering her. We have to wait for all of the bumps to scab over till she isn't contagious so we'll be here a lot. We are still planning our trip to Austin this weekend b/c all the adults we will see have already had chickenpox (well, we're waiting to hear from one).

This is certainly going to make life a little bit interesting! I was going to be taking her to a Dr. appointment on Friday with me but guess that's out! We thankfully were told that I needed to wait another week for BSF - Thank God because she would've been there this morning with a group of kids! He knew what He was doing by not getting me in right away even though I was disappointed. Hopefully she will be all scabbed over by Monday for MDO because I really have to work that day - we'll see how that works out!

Please pray that God heals her quickly and that she continues to feel her normal self!

I have a question for anyone who knows - I've had chickenpox before but does this mean I also need to stay away from adults who haven't had chickenpox before and other kiddos? Could I give it to them simply by being with Claire? I tried looking it up online and forgot to ask my doctor. Let me know if you have any answers!

3 comments:

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

if you haven't already, you really need to call your OB about this and maybe he/she can answer your question about staying away from other adults.

Hope Claire heals fast and doesn't suffer much.

Claire & Eden said...

I spoke to her after I posted and she said I should be fine to be around adults. She also said Eden is safe with me being far along and I've already had chickenpox!

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

That is great news. Have fun on your trip!