Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, September 19, 2008

Doctor's appointment

First of all THANK YOU to my dad who was able to watch Claire this morning while I went to my appointment for Eden. She isn't clear of the pox yet so she had to stay home.

I'm 25 weeks and 4 days today and feeling pretty good. I'm still measuring right on, gaining my lovely weight and Eden's heartbeat was in the 140's - nice and strong! She said there is a big chance Eden will also be born early if I delivered my first early so I'm praying for her to come between the 15th and 20th of December. I don't want her birthday too close to Christmas and I want us to be home from the hospital on Christmas Eve and day for Claire.

The past month has probably been my most difficult. During my 23rd week I had a weird day where I had a lower right pain and in hindsight, I think some contractions. I didn't even know how bad everything was until the next day when I felt like a new woman and everything had subsided. The pain was similar to the cramp you get when you drink too much water before you run. A few days later I had my first migraine ever and spent a lot of time in bed with the lights off. I don't know how people deal with those regularly. It could've been so much worse so I thank God for helping with the pain of it. Last night I got another super strong headache and I got worried but prayed for relief and was feeling better within the hour. God literally gave me peace of mind! My dr. said headaches are very common for the 2nd trimester. Here's hoping that was my last one!

Well, for those who know Claire, you know she isn't on the calm side but is always going, going. She's sweet and gentle but very active. She was so good to me in utero - I felt her push on me but she rarely ever gave me sharp jabs and movement. Well, not this little one! Eden is SUPER active and has fast movement so it's been a lot more uncomfortable this time around. This doesn't surprise me since she is always moving on our sonograms and made it difficult for them to sometimes catch her heart rate. We'll see how that translates to her personality when she's out and about!

We are feeling VERY excited and I've definitely started nesting. I've gone through a lot of Claire's clothes and put them in Eden's closet. I'm trying to get her room going and decide on some bedding. I can't wait to see her! I'm so much more excited this time around because a lot of my fears aren't lingering knowing I've gone through it before. The rush of emotion you get when you first hold and see your baby is indescribable and I can't WAIT to experience it all over again. I love her so much already!

Here I am after my appointment. This is my bad side but thought I'd post it anyway!



Claire just had to be in a picture too!

1 comment:

Dixie said...

HI Kathryn
I don't think a pregnant woman has a 'bad side'! You look great.
Alos, I think that 2nd (and 3rd) pregnancies are just more uncomfortable. This is just my opinion, but that's how it was for me. Being stretched all over again does a number on you and having a little person to keep up with just intensifies everything. Hang in there! It is all worth it.