Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Prep!

I resisted pintrest for so long but gave into it about a month ago. As a person who has always LOVED Valentine's crafts I've had a great time searching for fun and easy ideas for the girls. The past week and especially over the weekend we got really busy on working on the girl's valentine's along with a few other fun things!

First things first, major bed head and decorating heart cookies to send to Great Grandma Ann!
Sending cards to the most amazing great aunts along with our pintrest heart crayons! Each of Claire and Eden's classmates will get a crayon along with their vday card and candy treat =) I didn't get a picture of the finished product but this was the tag I made from Claire's original design!

A crafting break for a lemonade stand to raise money for Leukemia Research. Claire's class has been collecting change so Claire wanted to do a lemonade stand. Of course it was about 40 degrees and windy but she was SO cute with her planning, sign making and determination to touch out the cold. She lasted about 30 minutes and tallied all the cars, cats and dogs she saw. Fortunately one car stopped and gave her a dollar - she was more than excited! We will try again later this week!
Back to making gifts for the teachers - a "crayon" made of a roll of rolos and a hershey kiss! I used the same label "You color my world!" The girl's teachers are so amazing and we are so grateful for them.
And flower shaped banana bread for our neighbors! The girl's just love knocking on all our neighbor's doors to give them something special.
Neil and I had our big Valentine's night out after a lot of plans falling through, rearranging plans and being spontaneous thanks to my amazing parents! Neil's roses to me have brighten up our kitchen and made our crafting area that much more beautiful!
Can't WAIT for tomorrow! I have a few surprises up my sleeve for my loved ones along with helping with Claire's class party =)

No comments: