Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Feb number

We got our official number for Feb. and for the first time in a long time it was the same as our unofficial number: #9
We were obviously thrilled to move and from officially 12 in Jan. and now officially 9, that's good movement! Every Friday an unofficial list comes out that is managed by another AGCI mom which I'm so thankful for. Two days after we got our official number we were unofficially #8 which got me wondering...what happened?! Well, with talking to the list keeper and doing some investigating =) it looks like there is something that happened to one of the two mystery families (they aren't on any of the social networks) in front of us and they are no longer on the list. There are many reasons of why this could happen and I pray it was a good situation for them. So... I'm saying we are unofficially #8 =)

This month we've been continuing to get things ready for the nursery. My dear friend Tara gave us this adorable little blanket to match the room!! Thank you SO much Tara! And we ordered a few books: E is for Ethiopia (btw, a great series of different countries to teach other cultures), A Mother for Choco, Please Baby Please and The Beatitudes. Little by little we are getting things ready.


We will be working on getting our USCIS fingerprints updated as they expire in June as well as updating some dossier paperwork that will have an expired notary within the next few months or so. Not what I anticipated but we continue to take it one day at a time and wait for the day we know who our little guy is.

After our referral call happens they estimate it to be 4-8 months until he is actually home so we will wait again and I ask for yall to really pray for us during that waiting period as I've heard it's 10 times harder!! I'm so thankful for the facebook AGCI Ethiopia group and to have a place to find support through those who are going through the same process and who can be so real with each other. What a blessing it has been during this time as yes, it does seem like forever and yes, it is hard when everyone around me is bringing babies home one way or another!! This past month is the first time people have said "Oh, you're still doing that?" "What ever happened to yalls adoption?" "It just seems like it's taking forever!!" "When is it ever going to happen?" This has been challenging to hear but I appreciate people asking us about it! I pray I can graciously answer and not just say I'm relying on God's strength and timing as we wait but to wholeheartedly do just that!

No comments: