Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 8, 2011

This is the Stuff

School mornings (Tuesday and Thursday) always seem a little crazy around here. No matter how early we start, I always feel pressed for time and anxious about getting the kids dropped off by 9a.m. Now this anxiety is something I'm REALLY trying to let go of because I don't want to pass this along to my girls. I HATE being late - not that I'm never late because I do have two kids but I still get anxious about it.

This morning we were out the door and Claire's jacket was nowhere to be found. Now it was 39 so I HAD to find it. I looked everywhere thinking about the last time she wore it yesterday. The more I looked and didn't find, the more frantic I got. The girls were in the car and I was triple checking the car while I was on the phone with Neil "WHERE IS CLAIRE'S JACKET?" and this is what my sweet little almost 5 year old said "Mom, it's JUST a jacket" (isn't she amazing?) I quickly spouted off why it's NOT just a jacket but something she HAS to have and now we're going to be late (all while I found it in the very back of the car - freezing) Half way to school I was still anxious about being late but calmed down enough to tell Claire she was exactly right - it WAS just a jacket and mommy shouldn't get so worked up over silly things. I thanked her for reminding me =)

Oh wow - I was convicted! And even better I heard the most PERFECT song on the radio this afternoon that I have to share. I laughed out loud and got teary while thanking God for sending it my way. It was just what I needed to hear as I remember not to get caught up in "the stuff" but rest in the much larger picture. You gotta listen to it - really fun, a little silly but SO me - just the first line "I lost my keys in the great unknown. And call me please cause I can't find my phone" HA!! That is so me =) And my favorite part "So break me of impatience, conquer my frustrations, I've got a new appreciation - it's no the end of the world"

Breath in, breath out... He's got it all under control!

No comments: