Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 27, 2010

You know you're getting old when...

your doctor tells you to get a colonoscopy sometime this year. WHAT?! I do have colon cancer in my family history but now? He just kept saying "Now that you're about to be 30...." yeah, he said it 3 times.... thanks for the reminder doc!

My 30th is right around the corner and I've actually been looking forward to it because I think 30 is going to be a great year! And when I think about all the things God will be doing with me and my family this next decade, I get excited. But I will admit that yesterday was the first time I really felt like I'm getting older. That and when I realize that some of my students were born the year I graduated high school!

2 comments:

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

In a blink of an eye, you will be at your HS 20th reunion, then celebrating your 40th and watching your babies graduate HS. You will think to yourself....how can this be happening.....I am not old yet? Seems like every year goes by faster than the last one. But each year makes us richer, fuller and closer to eternity with Jesus!

Jayme said...

30? You're still a baby! Good luck with the colonoscopy though... that doesn't sound pleasant at all.