Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Serving

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. James 1:27

A friend of mine, Sara Matheny, wrote a really wonderful blog entitled "Do Something" and I asked her if I could post it on my blog to share with you!

Please check it out:
http://mathenymom.blogspot.com/2010/03/do-something.html

In light of "doing something" to help those in need, I wanted to post a few links to some places in San Antonio that would be more than willing to have us help.
Seton Home - A place for homeless pregnant teen mother's; we love to serve there and need to get back asap! It's been way too long
Meals on Wheels - They always need people to deliver meals to the elderly shut ins usually very sick and many of them alone.
San Antonio Food Bank - You can either donate food, help by organizing a food drive, etc.
SAMMinistries - Ministry to help the homeless in San Antonio
Your neighborhood and neighbors!
Your church ministries
We must be Christ's hands and feet. He was always with the "least of these". Those who were outcasts - the poor, the diseased, the greedy tax collector, the adulteress, etc. He delights when we show the poor, needy, broken-hearted, orphaned, widowed that we love and care about them. Many of these people are in our backyards, families and congregations! I needed to be reminded of this daily...
Northside peeps, Neil and I are trying to organize another service project for the young marrieds so keep your eyes and ears opened for info. Let me know if you have any ideas!
Also, if you know of another place or idea to serve, please leave a comment =)

One of my favorite scriptures:

Matthew 25:35-40

35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

37"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

No comments: