Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, August 22, 2008

Swim lessons

First of all, THANK YOU THANK YOU Erin and Eric for picking up Claire to give me a little break! I've had a really hard week with my moody, sleepy, independent girl and I'm so glad we planned this trip out to Sea World! I know she's going to have so much fun with yall

OK - now that I have some time... Claire finished up her last swim lesson this week at Love To Swim School and I just realized I hadn't written about it all summer! Last year Claire was TERRIFIED of water. She wouldn't even put her toes in without tears so I really wanted to do lessons to get her more used to and comfortable in the water. Well, she loved it! It was a mommy and me class with the most of 6 pairs but some days it was 4 or even 2 so it was more one on one. Claire loved Coach Don even though he made us submerge them the very first day (beginning of June). She got to where she would protest when she'd hear the song but after I brought her out of the water she was fine. She'd shake her finger at me with a real serious look saying "no more". Over all she did great and was getting used to going under! Her favorite was scaling the wall by herself while we sang itsy-bitsy spider. She also loved the bubble blowing song and got to be a bubble blowing pro! We will probably do the next level of mommy and me class next spring and then she can take lessons on her own after she turns 3 - that's a little scary for me! Anyway, I'd recommend the school to anyone who is looking for a good place to go. Here are some pics :


Claire last year with "Aunt Heather" hating the water!


Look at her now!! All smiles while scaling the wall by herself!

Blowing bubbles with mommy



Proud Claire-Bear showing off her end of the session ribbon


I'm so proud of you Claire!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can I take her to the change rom to get her dried off and changed? First I get naked with her and take her to the showers for a couple of hours, the squeals you hear will be squeals of joy, I will make her a big girl