Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Big Girl Bed Update and Celebration

A week ago today I was desperate to find a solution for Claire's big girl bed transition. It had been probably one of the hardest weeks around here so I searched online for some suggestions. I wanted to set up a reward system for her since she took so well to treats for potty training. That afternoon we went out and I had Claire choose her own calendar, stickers and draw a picture of a bowl of ice cream. We posted everything on the back of her bedroom door and I explained to her that every time she went to bed and stayed in her bed, she would get a sticker for her calendar. Once she earned 5 stickers we would make a special trip to get ice cream - her very own cup!! She has never had her own before so I figured it'd be something HUGE for her. Well, she did it - she earned her fifth one today and it took a week... it's been a tough transition but it's gone from 10 times of putting her back to bed to maybe 2-3. There is MUCH improvement and a little more sleep in our household!! So Claire's big celebration was tonight at Culver's and she LOVED it! She took the tiniest bites so it took forever but I think she was trying to savor the moment! Of course I captured the moments!



Here's the setup!

I plan to post a picture of her eating ice cream sometime soon for more motivation!

She asked us to take this one
"Look mom! I got my own cup!"
Taking tiny bites
Claire took such a long time eating her ice cream that a lot melted.

She got to drink the last part and got this lovely moustache!
"Aren't I cute mom?"

2 comments:

Allison said...

Yay for Claire! That is one super cute little girl you have!

Anonymous said...

let me take her to bed she will never want to leave, sooooooooooo hot taking off a little toddlers clothes too knowing what is waiting once you take her panties off