Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 23, 2013

From the mouths of babes


The girls had a special dinner our with their daddy tonight at church. I was looking at the pictures to post on facebook and it just hit me... my "baby" girls are growing up! I always tell them "No matter how old you are, you'll always be my baby" and they just say "moooooom" but it's true. They will always be my babies.

I've jotted down a few fun things to remember about what they are saying right now at almost 7 and 4 years old. At times I have to stifle a laugh or be still my heart.

They both still mispronounce a few things including:
pu-sgetti (spaghetti)
han-atizer (hand sanitizer which is pretty smart)
smudge (fudge - Neil and I LOVE this one)
Claire:
While driving to church and looking out the window:
"We're in a museum - an art museum"
"What do you mean?"
"Well, God is an artist and He made everything around us so we are always in an art museum"

That little stinker went through my jewelry box without me and what did she find? Her tooth that had been taken by the "tooth fairy". Mind you, this is the tooth that the "tooth fairy" forgot to get the first time and then magically left a note and the coins while Claire was eating her breakfast... according to Claire, I think she wants to switch her tooth fairy out for a new one. She was wondering how this happened so I had to think quick and the story was that the tooth fairy must have dropped her tooth. And maybe she wants me to keep Claire's tooth to remember... we're still figuring out how we're going to handle this.
But here is her CUTE letter all folded up:

 
Eden:
Every week she asks when it will be Friday because she can't wait to go to 'nastics (gymnastics!) So sweet!

Last weekend we had a family lunch date at Arby's. Eden ate an entire Arby's melt roast beef sandwich! We were amazed and after I told her she must be a growing girl she said:
"Probably when I stand up, I'll be taller!"  with the widest eyes and hand as tall as she could reach!

The girls have been looking through our wedding album and even asked to watch our video.
 So the other day Eden said:
"Mom, I wanna marry Maverick"
"Why?"
"Because he's my best friend!"
Good to know they've been listening when we talk about marrying your best friend =)
Of course, we told her she has plenty of time for that.

They grow up too fast!

No comments: