Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, April 15, 2011

Fiesta Parade

The annual Fiesta Battle of the Flowers parade was so much fun this year!! For the past three years we pack our cooler, grab our lawn chairs and find the greatest spots down by the Alamo in the plaza. Such a wonderful tradition that my mom and I have with the girls - it was Eden's first year and she did great once the parade actually started! Eden's favorites were the horses that she so desperately wanted to ride and the bands. Claire's was of course the Princesses on the floats. Already can't wait for next year!

Grandma with her girls - Eden eating all the watermelon until it was gone!
I took Eden on a little walk to pass the time as we waited for the parade to start. Here she is with the Alamo...


My Fiesta Princess We started in the shade but eventually had the sun right on us so we brought out the umbrellas. My mom was a trooper trying to help me keep those girls in the shade =) With Neil's melanoma 7 years ago (can't believe it's been that long) we are VERY careful with them in the sun. Eden was just hugging all over my mom's head and rubbing her hair - it was hilarious!
My mom has loved parades since she was a little girl and I remember her always wanting to go when I was growing up. I pretty much dreaded them and thought she was crazy. Well, now I understand =) We have such a fun time with the girls and it's one of my favorite traditions. One I hope the girls will hold onto for a long time!

No comments: